1. Register for Orientation.
First you must confirm your enrollment at Appalachian through your MyMountaineer portal. When you do that, you will officially become a Mountaineer!
- Register for your Orientation through the Register Here block on this page. A confirmation email will be sent to your Appalachian email account; click here to set up that email now if you haven't already. Parents/families are invited (but not required) to attend a Parent/Family Orientation - they will need to complete a separate Parent/Family Registration.
2. Submit your AppCard Photo.
Follow these AppCard photo instructions. Don't forget to use your AppState email to submit your photo! Submit your photo now to make sure that your card is ready for Orientation. Online Students who aren’t on campus to pick up their card, or any student that would like their AppCard mailed can pay a small fee to have the card shipped.
3. Complete online placement testing (if needed).
Review this information to determine if you need to take any online placements including: Chemistry, Calculus Readiness, Math, or Language. Complete these prior to your Orientation session.
4. Check your Intended Major and Courses In Progess.
Check DegreeWorks to make sure we have your appropriate intended major. Need to update your intended major? Email email@example.com and we will update it for you.
If you have taken any coursework at another college, you need to make sure we have it listed as "in progress". Your high school will not send us college transfer credit.
- Update your courses in progress through your MyMountaineer Portal (instructions).
- You will also need to send an official transcript from your previous college to Appalachian.
5. Make your Class Schedule.
Complete Early Registration Advising (ERA) class registration modules.
- Complete the ERA course on your myApp checklist. You must be registered for Orientation first. The course and quiz teach you how to choose and register for classes. It opens April 28, 2022 and must be completed prior to your advising appointment. You will be sent a PIN for class registration when you pass the quiz at the end of the ERA course.
Start Registering for classes.
- Beginning May 2, 2022 at noon, students who have completed ERA by passing the quiz at the end, can begin class registration. You must begin class registration before you can sign up for an advising appointment. Don't worry; you will have a chance to review your schedule when you meet with an advisor. However, you should attempt to complete as much of your schedule prior to this meeting as possible.
Meet with an Academic Advisor.
- You will be prompted to make your Zoom academic advising appointment via your App State email once you have completed ERA and you have registered for at least one class, but we strongly recommend that you register for a full schedule if possible.
- Please note it may take 1-2 days after you start class registration to receive your email to make your advising appointment.
- Check your App State email daily to sign up for your advising appointment as soon as you are invited.
6. Attend Orientation.
During your required Orientation session, you will have a chance to meet other students, learn about campus resources, and begin your educational planning process.
7. Attend Welcome to App and Start Classes!
Welcome to App is an extension of your summer orientation and gives you the opportunity to get more comfortable on campus, make new friends, have fun and start weaving yourself into the fabric of student life at App State.