1. Register for Orientation.
First you must confirm your enrollment at Appalachian through your MyMountaineer portal. When you do that, you will officially become a Mountaineer!
- Register for your Orientation through the link on the left. A confirmation email will be sent to your Appalachian email account; click here to set up that email now if you haven't already. Parents/families are invited (but not required) to attend a Parent/Family Orientation - they will need to complete a separate Parent/Family Registration.
2. Submit your AppCard Photo.
Submit your AppCard photo now to make sure that your card is ready for pickup when you arrive on campus. Follow these AppCard photo instructions. Don't forget to use your AppState email to submit your photo!
3. Complete online placement testing (if needed).
Review this information to determine if you need to take any online placements including: Chemistry, Calculus Readiness, Math, or Language. Complete these prior to your Orientation session.
4. Check your Intended Major and Courses In Progess
Check DegreeWorks to make sure we have your appropriate intended major. Need to update your intended major? Email email@example.com and we will update it for you.
If you have taken any coursework at another college, you need to make sure we have it listed as "in progress". Your high school will not send us college transfer credit.
- Update your courses in progress through your MyMountaineer Portal (instructions).
- You will also need to send an official transcript from your previous college to Appalachian.
5. Complete Early Registration Advising (ERA).
Complete the ERA course on your myApp checklist. You must be registered for Orientation first. The course and quiz teach you how to choose and register for classes. It opens November 29, 2021 and must be completed prior to attending your Orientation session.
6. Register for classes.
After completing ERA (and passing the quiz at the end!), you will receive an email with registration information including your Registration PIN (personal identification number). You must begin class registration prior to attending Orientation (beginning November 29, 2021 at noon). Don’t worry, there are plenty of ways to access registration support in the ERA process.
7. Review Paying for College Information
Review our Paying for College videos on how to access and manage your student account, billing and financial aid information.
8. Attend Orientation.
During your required Orientation session, you will have a chance to work with your academic advisor to review and, if necessary, adjust your class schedule.
Spring Orientation will be tentatively held on-campus in-person. In the event that we need to shift to an online format, students will be notified via their AppState email.