The charge for our new student Orientation is estimated to be *$225. The cost covers all Orientation expenses including your AppCard, Common Reading book, your online Advising Planner, orientation staff, food, Welcome to App events, Parent & Family programming and materials that will be provided to you as applicable to your session. *Online students will have a modified Orientation fee.
You will not be billed the final charges for new student Orientation until after you attend. These charges will be billed directly to your student account as part of your first-semester tuition and fees. These fees are non-refundable after you have attended Orientation.
Additional Helpful Information
Academic Year Parking
- Please refer to the Parking and Traffic Office for details on how to register for a parking space for the semester or academic year.
AppCards (Student ID Cards)
- AppCards are used to access a student's residence hall, serve as a student's meal card, serve as a student's library card, and can be used for purchases in the University Bookstore. Submit your AppCard photo now to make sure that your card is ready for pickup when you arrive on campus. Follow these AppCard photo instructions.
- The UNC System requires that eligible students must have health insurance. Students must waive out or enroll in the University's coverage each semester. Learn more now!
- The information below is required by North Carolina law and / or University Policy. For more details please see the Student Health Service website.
- Please note before attending classes, all Appalachian students must:
- Submit an uploaded copy of their immunization record
- Enter immunizations dates listed on their record, and
- Complete the Health History portion located within MedPortal
Have Your Plans Changed?
Please let us know if your plans to attend Appalachian have changed by emailing our Admission's Office at email@example.com.