Online Advising and Placement Tests
In order for your advisor to most appropriately support you during Orientation, you must have completed all the necessary online advising and placement tests before you attend Orientation.
You will need a computer with internet access. Choose one with the fastest possible internet connection. If one is not available to you at home, you may access a computer at your school or public library.
- Early Registration Advising (ERA): Available April 28, 2020 at 8:00 a.m. ERA is an online course that will teach you how to use Appalachian's web registration system to register for classes. You cannot register for classes for your first semester until you complete ERA.
- Math Placement and Calculus Readiness Tests: Available March 2, 2020. Who should take these tests?
- Placement Tests in French, German, Russian and Spanish: . Available now.
On-Campus Placement Tests
Chemistry Placement Exam: The American Chemical Society (ACS) Toledo Test is a placement exam designed to evaluate how well a student is prepared for college-level introductory chemistry. There are 20 math questions that cover math skills up to and including college level algebra. If you are required to take the test, your advisor will let you know and you will be taking it at Orientation.
If you have previous experience in Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, or Portuguese and do not think you belong in a beginning course, please contact one of the following:
- Arabic - Saloua Ben Zahra: email@example.com
- Chinese - Wendy Xie: firstname.lastname@example.org or Xiaofei Tu: email@example.com
- Japanese – Misa Yamamoto: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Portuguese - Brent James: email@example.com