The charge for Spring Orientation is $90 and will be listed on your confirmation when you register for Orientation. The cost covers all Orientation expenses including lunch, inventories and materials that will be provided to you as applicable to your session. After you register for Orientation through myApp, please save your Orientation confirmation email; it includes your estimated Orientation charges.
You will not be billed the final charges for Orientation until after you attend. These charges will be billed directly to your student account as part of your overall tuition and fees for the semester. These fees are non-refundable after you have attended Orientation. Please note that Parent and Family Orientation has a separate registration and fee.
Orientation Schedule, Parking, and Check-in
View the schedule of events. Students will receive a printed schedule of events and other materials upon check-in.
Orientation Check-In and Parking (beginning at 8:00 a.m.)
- Students and families will follow signs to Orientation parking in the River's Street Parking Deck. Student and family Orientation check-in will be at the Schaefer Center from 8:00 a.m. to 8:45 a.m. The Opening Session will begin in the Schaefer Center at 9:00 a.m.
Spring Move-in for January Orientation
Students living on campus for Spring semester can obtain their room keys at their assigned residence hall office and move into their assigned rooms on the day prior to their Orientation session. Click here for more move-in information.
Preparing for Orientation
- Set up your Mountaineer Mail
- Take all appropriate placement tests prior to Orientation
- Complete your Early Registration Advising Course and begin registering for your classes (beginning Nov. 20, 2017)
Directions - Plan Your Route
Additional Helpful Information
Academic Year Parking
- Please refer to the Parking and Traffic Office for details on how to register for a parking space for the semester or academic year.
AppCards (Student ID Cards)
- AppCards are used to access a student's residence hall, serve as a student's meal card, serve as a student's library card, and can be used for purchases in the University Bookstore. Make sure to get your AppCard made at Orientation. Students living on-campus will need to pick up their AppCard from Trivette Hall prior to moving into their residence hall.
The UNC System requires that eligible students must have health insurance. Students must waive out or enroll in the University's coverage each semester. Learn more now!
- The information below is required by North Carolina law and / or University Policy. For more details please see the Student Health Service website.
- Please note before attending classes, all Appalachian students must:
- Submit an uploaded copy of their immunization record
- Enter immunizations dates listed on their record, and
- Complete the Health History portion located within MedPortal
What to Bring to Orientation
- informal clothing and comfortable walking shoes for Orientation
- backpack and water bottle for Orientation
- copy of Advanced Placement scores, and /or International Baccalaureate scores, if available
- if you are transferring credits from another institution, your Appalachian transcript evaluation can be found under class history on your Degree Works account
- optional--your parents for Parent/Family Orientation
- your questions and concerns
What NOT to Bring
- uncomfortable clothes or shoes for your Orientation day
- friends not registered for Orientation
Have Your Plans Changed?
Please let us know if your plans to attend Appalachian have changed by emailing our Admission's Office at email@example.com.