Transfer Orientation Schedule (coming soon)
Our spring 2021 Orientation session will be held online. Students will still have an opportunity to get to know campus, understand our community expectations and connect with other students in small group sessions. Here’s some important information you need to know:
- Students will need to register for an online session on either of these dates. The link is located in the Register for Orientation block to the left.
- January 14
- or January 15
- Students will need internet access and a computer or mobile device on their Orientation date.
- Students will receive an itinerary with appropriate links via your appstate.edu email the day prior to their scheduled Orientation date.
- Students should plan for a full day of Orientation activities online beginning approximately at 9:00 a.m. and ending at approximately 4:30 p.m. You will have some breaks throughout the day.
If you have questions or any concerns about your ability to join us virtually, please contact us at email@example.com. We are here to help. We look forward to meeting you soon!
Preparing for Orientation
- Set up your Mountaineer Mail;
- Take all appropriate placement tests prior to Orientation;
- Complete your online Early Registration Advising Course and begin registering for your classes.
The charge for spring Orientation is $100 and will be listed on your confirmation when you register for Orientation. The cost covers all Orientation expenses including your Common Reading book, your Advising Planner, orientation staff, Parent & Family programming and online materials that will be provided to you as applicable to your session. After you register for Orientation, please save your Orientation confirmation email; it includes your estimated Orientation charges.
You will not be billed the final charges for new student Orientation until after you attend. These charges will be billed directly to your student account as part of your overall tuition and fees for the semester. These fees are non-refundable after you have attended Orientation. Please note that Parent and Family Orientation has a separate registration.
Spring Move-in for on-campus Students
- Students attending Orientation in January will be assigned a move-in date/time prior to their session date. AppCards are used to access a student's residence hall; make sure to get your AppCard made prior to moving into your residence hall.
Additional Helpful Information
Academic Year Parking
- Please refer to the Parking and Traffic Office for details on how to register for a parking space for the semester or academic year.
AppCards (Student ID Cards)
- AppCards are used to access a student's residence hall, serve as a student's meal card, serve as a student's library card, and can be used for purchases in the University Bookstore. Make sure to get your AppCard made prior to moving into your residence hall.
- The UNC System requires that eligible students must have health insurance. Students must waive out or enroll in the University's coverage each semester. Learn more now!
- The information below is required by North Carolina law and / or University Policy. For more details please see the Student Health Service website.
- Please note before attending classes, all Appalachian students must:
- Submit an uploaded copy of their immunization record
- Enter immunizations dates listed on their record, and
- Complete the Health History portion located within MedPortal
Have Your Plans Changed?
Please let us know if your plans to attend Appalachian have changed by emailing our Admission's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.