Welcome Weekend - The Journey Starts Here!
Welcome to Appalachian! The faculty, staff, Appol Corps leaders and the rest of the Appalachian family are excited you are here!
What to Expect at Welcome Weekend
Orientation Welcome Weekend is when the journey starts. Our goal during this time is for you to become more comfortable at Appalachian, to make new friends, to have fun, and to start weaving yourself into the fabric of student life at Appalachian. Most Welcome Weekend activities are mandatory and serve as an extension of your summer orientation. Take advantage of all Welcome Weekend has to offer and you will be off to a great start at Appalachian!
Who is your Appol Corps Leader?
The Appol Corps (Appalachian Orientation Leader Corps) is a group of 200+ Appalachian students who serve the university as Orientation leaders during the weekend portion of the Orientation Welcome Week program each August. These student leaders welcome you, as new students, to Appalachian and assist you in your transition to college life.
Welcome Weekend dates: Fall 2013, August 16-19
Welcome Weekend Schedule
Below is just a glimpse of activities that have been planned for this year's Welcome Weekend. Students will receive a detailed itinerary of all the week’s activities at the Residence Hall floor meetings on Friday, August 16th.
Check us out on Facebook at "Welcome Week 2013."
LIST OF WELCOME WEEKEND EVENTS:
Friday, August 16th
- MANDATORY Residence Hall Floor Meetings
- UREC Night
- APPS Films - Outdoor Movie "Finding Nemo"
- Free Billards and Games at the Student Union
- Midnight Pancake Breakfast (w/live local band)
Saturday, August 17th
- The ACT B.I.G. Sale
- Appol Corps Orientation Session #1
- Faculty/Student Information Exchange
- Summer Reading Book Discussion
- Black and Gold Ceremony
- ASU Fan Fest
- Appalachian Football Scrimmage
- APP SPECTACULAR!!!
Sunday, August 18th
- How to Maintain Your Spiritual Life at Appalachian
- Appol Corps Orientation Session
- I AM Appalachian
- Appol Corps Break Out Session
- Campus Walk
- Multicultural Student Development Welcome Celebration (and ice cream social)
- Carnival Night at the Student Union
Monday, August 19th
Orientation is a required program for all new freshmen and transfer undergraduate students. This event allows new students to get a feel for campus, meet with an academic advisor and other faculty, and finalize their first semester class schedules.
Office of Disability Services
Tip: If you need accommodations during Orientation due to a disability, contact Office of Disability Services at least two weeks in advance. (828-262-3056)